What information we collect and how it’s used
- Information you voluntarily submit to this website: TheViewFromChelsea.com may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
- Automatically-Collected Information: When you use this website, we automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the website. For example, when you use the website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
- Cookies: The website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the website.
How we may use your information
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the website;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the website, and customize the website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide clear information on how to easily opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
How your information is shared and with whom
None of your information will be shared with third parties without your explicit consent. TheViewFromChelsea.com may use your e-mail address in the future to contact you regarding the site, however, an opt-out will always be provided at the bottom of any and all communications by e-mail. Your name and website may be displayed on the site if you post a comment or a message in the forum. However, your e-mail address and privacy will always be kept entirely secure.
Third-party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information. Additionally, TheViewFromChelsea.com may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics: This service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at the website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, TheViewFromChelsea.com will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include web traffic analytics or information collected from cookies.
Cookies and IPA address tracking
The website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the related product or services information on the website, for example, hotel booking services or sales of travel products or books. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of assigning commissions for sales. These commissions help support this website and are provided to the website at no extra cost to you.
TheViewFromChelsea.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this site earns commissions from qualifying purchases.
The website is also affiliated with Commission Junction and Getyourguide.com
At The View From Chelsea, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may occasionally be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters we send may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. This additionally allows the website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of its users. This behaviour and related data will not be passed on to any third parties.
Rights related to your personal information and subscription settings
- Opt-out: You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links at the bottom of emails you receive from us. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be manually removed from our mailing list.
- Access: You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amend: You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
- Right to be forgotten: In certain situations, you may request that we entirely erase, or “forget” your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping, to complete transactions or when required by law.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive personal information
The website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at info.theviewfromchelsea.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Disclosures and General Disclaimer
We will always disclose any financial stake in an article or post, as well as note when products or services are provided free of charge for review purposes. We believe in disclosing any and all conflicts of interest.
We at The View From Chelsea have made every effort to ensure that all information on the this website is accurate at the time of publication. The website makes no guarantees regarding the outcomes of using this website for information, and encourages readers to check any information provided here (including venue openings and closures, ticket prices and other practical details related to travel).