Before I’d ever seen it, I fell in love with France through its language and films.
The love affair was sealed on my first trip when I found myself in a Normandy farmhouse kitchen, sampling and buying Calvados from the elegant – and ancient – woman who made it.
I’ve been returning annually for years since, writing for national newspapers, magazines and websites about everything from glamourous adventures in Provence to bargain shopping in Paris, Modernist architecture in Marseille and vinters using Roman recipes to make wine in the Bouches du Rhône. I’ve done features, round-ups, quick tips. And I will soon be issuing a freshly updated version of my Adventure Guide to Provence and the Côte d’Azur under my own e-book edition.
A selection of samples
For the Sunday Telegraph
- Homage to Both Catalonias
- St Malo: Brittany’s Pirate Haven
- Jazz a Juan: Antibes Stays in Tune
- Provence: The Secret Côte d’Azur
- France: A Wine Tour with a Roman Flavour
- Paris on a Shoestring
- Concrete Ambition in Marseille
- Cauterets: A Kingdom of Water
- Sun and Ski in the Pyrénées